This year’s list of the top 10 most visited blog posts is dominated by two ideas: meditation and major news events. Half of this list, including the clear winner of Arthur Zajonc’s bell meditation, have something to do with the practice of mindfulness, of improving one’s interior life.
This list is also a time capsule, reminding us of some of the major news events of 2011: the shooting of Rep. Gabriel Giffords, the assassination of Osama bin Laden, the revolutions of the Arab Spring and protests of Tahrir Square, and the passing of Steve Jobs. And then we have a couple of stragglers — in the form of a century-old prayer and a children’s language test.
As we continue to improve and refine the thrust of this blog, let us know what you’d like to see us do more of in 2012. Happy New Year!
- Bell Sound Meditation by Shubha Bala
- John Stewart’s Introduction: A True Moment of Civility by Krista Tippett
- “Do Not Rejoice When Your Enemies Fall” by David P. Gushee
- Lovingkindness (Metta) Meditation with Sylvia Boorstein by Trent Gilliss
- Meditation and Mindfulness for All of Us: Six Questions with Sharon Salzberg by Kate Moos
- Photo Triptych of Possibilities in Cairo by Trent Gilliss
- A Turn of the Century Thanksgiving Prayer by Walter Rauschenbusch by Susan Leem
- A Little Bit of Mindfulness Meditation Can Reduce a Lot of Pain by Trent Gilliss
- Sunday Morning Exercise: Take “The Wug Test” by Nancy Rosenbaum
- Steve Jobs: “Love What You Do” (video) by Trent Gilliss